Frequently Asked Questions
GeoBlue iPhone Application
Do I have to be a member to use the mobile app?
GeoBlue Mobile is for members of GeoBlue health plans only. Members login using the same username and password they picked at www.geo-blue.com.How do I get the mobile app?
This app is compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. You can download the app from the App Store.Is there a cost associated with using the mobile app?
Download of the app is free, and there is no charge as a member to use the app. Please check with your wireless provider about any potential carrier and web access charges.
- Request an Appointment - Search GeoBlue’s international provider community and request an appointment directly from the app. GeoBlue will coordinate the appointment with the specific doctor you requested, or find the most convenient and appropriate doctor for your situation.
- Find Providers - Quickly locate the right doctor, dentist, mental health professional, hospital or clinic using GPS or an entered location when planning for a trip. See providers mapped and get directions.
- Find Your Medications - Use GeoBlue’s proprietary drug equivalency guide to learn whether your medications are available and what they are called all over the world. Then find a pharmacy nearby.
- Translate Medical Phrases and Terms - All of GeoBlue’s doctors speak English, but the hospital staff, taxi driver or hotel concierge may not. Use GeoBlue’s translation tools to find and translate key medical phrases and terms. It even lets you play them for other to hear.
- Fax Your ID Card - Your GeoBlue member ID card is built into the app, and you can fax it directly to providers to confirm eligibility.
- And More - GeoBlue Mobile has been made to be fast and easy to use. You can store your favorite items and review recently viewed ones as well.
GeoBlue members can access this information on any web-enabled mobile device by visiting www.geo-blue.com/mobile.Do I need an Internet connection to use the GeoBlue Mobile app??
Many of the features will work without an internet connection; however, if you want to fax your ID card, use the mapping (GPS) functionality, schedule an appointment or download a new audio translation, you will need a connection.How is the mobile app different from the online website?
All of the features of the mobile app are available at geoblue.com, however, the website contains more details such as articles, resources, and product information. The mobile app is more streamlined to allow for the necessary services to be found as easily as possible while on the mobile device.How secure is my information?
Your information is safely protected by your user ID and your selected password. You will be asked for your user ID and password each time you log in.